Starrett 123Z-12 Master Vernier Caliper
Mega Sale! Save 24% on the Starrett 123Z-12 Master Vernier Caliper by Starrett at Wood Pro. MPN: 123Z-12. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The Starrett 123Z-12 master vernier caliper has a 12'' measuring range with 0.001'' graduations, and two-way jaws for measuring the inside diameter
The Starrett 123Z-12 master vernier caliper has a 12" measuring range with 0.001" graduations, and two-way jaws for measuring the inside diameter (ID) and outside diameter (OD) of holes, grooves, and tube thicknesses. The open-face design allows vernier scales to be located on each side of the gauge for inside and outside measurements. A fine-adjustment screw and tight fitting sides ensure accurate measurements A locking screw secures the measurement tightly in place for accurate readings. A long, 50-division vernier scale ensures accuracy. Sharp black graduations on a no-glare satin-finished bar ease reading. Divider points on the back side allow operators to set dividers and trammels accurately for extended measuring. Hardened, ground, and lapped measuring faces ensure accuracy, wear resistance, and long life. Stainless steel construction provides durability and wear resistance. The caliper includes a fitted case.
Vernier calipers are measuring instruments commonly used for inspection in manufacturing to provide the precise measurements of an object. A pair of jaws attached to a long beam with a marked scale is used to take inside, outside, and step measurements. An additional depth probe slides along the beam to take depth measurements. One jaw is fixed to the end of the scale, while the other jaw slides along it with gearless precision to take measurements. The main scale is engraved directly on the beam while the vernier scale is engraved on the slider mechanism. The base measurement is taken from the long beam, which provides the initial whole measurement in inches, centimeters, or millimeters. To obtain the total measurement, the base reading is added to the vernier scale reading, which provides fractional measurements in inches or millimeters. A locking mechanism provides the ability to take differential measurements for determining the difference in measurements between two objects. Compared to digital and dial calipers, vernier calipers are more durable because they do not have internal moving parts, and are less prone to inaccuracy caused by shock, debris, and other contaminants, but they can be more difficult to read than digital and dial calipers. Vernier calipers are commonly used in fields such as metalworking, mechanical engineering, machining, and carpentry.
The L.S. Starrett Company manufactures precision measuring tools, metrology and testing equipment, and saw blade products. The company, founded in 1880, is headquartered in Athol, MA.
What's in the Box?
- Starrett 123Z-12 master vernier caliper
- Finished wooden case
Features & Highlights
- Master vernier caliper with 12" measuring range and 0.001" graduations for measuring the inside diameter (ID) and outside diameter (OD) of holes, grooves, and tube thicknesses
- Accurate, engraved, machine-divided graduations, and raised sliding surfaces to prevent wear of the graduations
- Stainless steel construction and hardened and stabilized bars provide durability and wear resistance
- Fine-adjust screw ensures accurate measurements and locking screw secures the measurement tightly in place for accurate reading
- Hardened, ground, and lapped measuring faces provide accuracy, wear resistance, and long life
- Half as many bar graduations as conventional single-vernier tools
- Easy to read
- Machine divided graduations
- Tight, smoothly fitted slides
- No glare Starrett satin chrome finish
|Item Weight:||4.14 pounds|
|Item Size:||7.8 x 12.7 x 12.7 inches|
|Package Weight:||4.6 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.5 x 1.75 x 1.75 inches|